Park City Mountain Opening Day: May 25, 2018
Greening up for summer! Down valley vantage point from White Pine Canyon Road in The Colony.
There are three seasons in Park City: Ski season, shoulder season, and SUMMER. Luckily, we are near the sunny season mark – suntime-funtime life begins at Park City Mountain Village tomorrow! Here’s an overview of what you and your family can enjoy starting today (Friday, May 25).
MOUNTAIN BIKING AND HIKING
Two of our favorite summer activities on the mountain are self-guided; lace up or velcro your preferred shoe, and take advantage of the miles of trails networking through Park City Mountain (some of them take you through The Colony, too!).
Hiking: Whether you’re walking or running, the trails are equal opportunity stunners. Grab a trail map and escape in into the mountains – trekking through the trees is the perfect way to cool off on a hot day, and there are options for all levels of ability.
Mountain Biking: Shredding applies in summer, too, and the beauty of activities at the resort is that there are options for support if you need it! You can rent mountain bikes at the Village, then hop on Crescent or Pay Day Chairlift so you can focus on the downhill. Bike haul tickets are also available for purchase.
ALPINE SLIDE & ALPINE COASTER
Alpine Slide: More than 3,000 feet of WHEE!: PCM’s Alpine Slide is among the longest in the world. And with three tracks to choose from, each luge-like launch is a different experience.
Alpine Coaster: Prefer a mountain ride on rails? Buckle into the Alpine Coaster. The winding track slings you through more than a mile of mountainside; carving and looping at speeds up to 30 mph. And if you want to slow down and enjoy the incredible scenery, there’s an easy-to-reach brake on your coaster car.
If being above the treetops is more your thing, zip lines at Park City Mountain will make it happen. Relish the views at 110 feet off the ground, and enjoy the wind in your face as you’re propelled at speeds up to 45 mph. The Flying Eagle is a two-seater, and the ZipRider™is a fun chance to race your friends.
MINI GOLF & ADVENTURE ZONE
Catch your breath at the base of the Village and enjoy an 18-hole round of miniature golf. And if the kids want to see more action while you’re puttering around, there are seven other ways for you to tucker them out before it’s time to tuck them into bed.
- Legacy Launcher – four trampolines (with safety harnesses) let the kiddos bounce all their energy out – and safely try tricks under supervision.
- Kids’ Zip – avoid the too-small-for-the-big-zip-line meltdown and head straight here for full-scale thrills at a size that’s perfect for your little one.
- Kids’ Rope Course – another age and size-appropriate way for kids to safely try some big challenges.
- Boulders – the smallest climbers can experience Southern Utah terrain from the comfort of Park City.
- Climbing Wall – safety climbing harnesses and trained attendants give kids a chance to explore scaling a big-time wall – with five different routes to try.
- Kids’ Tubing – tubing is now a summer sport; no need for snow to experience this adventure!
- Gem Panning – experience Park City’s mining legacy while you pan for gems in the interactive flume.
UPCOMING WEEKLY VILLAGE EVENTS
Some of the most fun to be had in the summer is scoring local produce and products at the Park City Farmers Market and spreading out a picnic blanket and snacking while you listen to open-air mountainside music. Luckily, you’ll get to enjoy both of those experiences in just a few short weeks!
- Wednesday: Farmers Market @ Silver King Parking Lot (begins June 13)
- Thursday: Thursday Concert Series @ Canyons Village* (begins July 3)
- Thursday: MegaMind PubQuiz Power Hour Trivia @ Legend’s Bar & Grill (begins June 7)
- Friday: Patio Live Music @ Legend’s
- Saturday: Saturday Concert Series | Live Music @ Canyons Village (begins July 14)
- Sunday: Patio Live Music @ Legend’s
“And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer.”
—F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby
*The Canyons Village opens for summer operations on Friday, June 15. Closing day for both villages is Monday, September 3.